Raising funds for my startup via capital markets
What is capital raising?
Capital raising is a process a business goes through to raise money so that it can get its feet off the ground and expand. Raising capital is one of the core components of being a business owner. “Raising capital” is another term used to refer to a business “raising funding” or finance.
Who are the main sources of capital?
Who are angel investors?
- Private investors who help fund startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Angel investors can be ordinary professionals looking for somewhere to invest their money, wealthy people who want to help a startup, or even friends and family
- Angel groups are multiple angel investors who have come together to co-invest in companies. You can work with either a lone angel investor or angel groups
- Angel investors fall under the equity financing category
What are venture capital (VC) firms?
- The idea of raising venture capital comes from VC firms, which manage funds to finance business ventures
- VC firms are derived from money from private investors, financial institutions and investment banks. Together, these are known as limited partners (LPs)
- VC firms often invest large amounts of money into startups
- Sometimes offer extra support through networking and expertise
- VC is also a form of equity funding
How to raise funds for my business
Start your funding round today
At biznesfunding, we have expert advice and tools available to help startup owners figure out how much money they will need and find the right investors. On top of that, we work with the most active early stage investors who have appetite for risk. Best of all, we have a team with many years of experience with some real skin in the game. We only make money when you raise money. So what are you waiting for? Click the button below to get started.